Scott Porad talks Team and Tech
- the thing that I like and tend to be good at is the beginning.
- there are 2 aspects – is it a good idea/opportunity, and does your team care
- this isn’t about cats, it’s about humor
- learn about your early indicator metrics v red herring metrics so that you can tell early on whether you are going to succeed or fail
- with web-based software, you are running a marathon and you need to celebrate achievements along the way. Identify different milestones that are key along the paths.
- when to write a spec: when reasonable people on your team could come up with different systems from the same description