Rich Barton talks Power to the People
- glass door, trover, avvo, benchmark capital, zillow, expedia
- the easy part is having the vision, the hard part is execution
- ideas are cheap execution is dear
- you and the people you surround yourself with is all you can control
- all money is not created equal
- I say no a lot, but your own networks can help filter out the best people and opportunities
- board meetings occupy a lot of time, and then it is going to where he is most needed
- big pond, big fisherman-that is it. More of a power point investor than an excel investor.
- an entrepreneur never stops selling.
- you want to encourage your people to take risk-smart failure is ok
- you can do unscalable things to get your community flywheel going-at Xxx, they did human surveys that would never have pencil out