Paul Thelen – CEO of Big Fish Games
- Be passionate about what you are doing. You have to enjoy the ride because there is no guaranteed destiny.
- focus: you try to do a bunch of things, you do a bunch of things average
- if, for every dollar you spend, you make $1.50, raise money
- big focus on retention, so they could drive up the lifetime value.
- cashflow is a serious problem if you have a 2 year customer life cycle
- work for hire fails every time, but covering costs and giving a prepay against future flows
- telling the developer what to build does not work, but showing them how they can make more money does (gamescore)
- use data but also rely on creativity